Monday, March 10, 2008

Bleeding

It's the bleeding time again.  
First thing to report is this: the new/dark moon occurred on Friday (11:14 am CST), and I started bleeding Sunday, around 2 or 3 am (what with the fucking stupid Daylight Saving bullshit, it was difficult to tell what time it actually started)--but I call it Saturday night, because I hadn't gone to sleep yet.  (And honestly, midnight is such an arbitrary "Day Start" time, anyway ... )
I feel I should also note that my sister started her cycle Saturday morning, so it may be less my energy in the direction of moving my cycles, and more us synching up together now that we live together.  I think it was both.  
Also, Saturday night, my sister and I held an impromptu party, and in the beginning, there were four women and two men (and thus it was perfectly balanced), and we talked very openly about all sorts of things.  
(A side note: because of the way we learn to have conversation, because of automatic, learned deferring to men, and men learning to take control, and such, it takes two women to balance out one man in a conversation.  I'd never really been in a group that was perfectly balanced before, and I can tell you, I felt the difference when one of our guest's boyfriend showed up, thus unbalancing the group.)  

This post will be short.  Apologies, but I have things to get done today!  

2 comments:

Bloomergrrl said...

There you are! I wasn't sure if you were still posting anymore. Haha! Well, it's good to hear from you again . . . I was starting to miss your blog posts (even though I can now see you and talk to you in person)!

By the way, I had fun at your little house-warming party, and I'm looking forward to more fun and frolic in the future!

the Stolen Child said...

Well, that's good, because we've got a couple more parties planned! We also have a real, official HouseWarming party planned, but first! A Salon! I'll send you an email about it, but first, tell me you ARE free Saturday 29 March? You and all of your copious friends!